Get to the Pointe Ballet Academy is devoted to giving each student every opportunity to become their best!
Get To the Pointe Ballet Academy offers combined classes in Jazz, Tap, Ballet ages 3-18. GTTP Ballet Academy is our specialized program for students who are interested in the art of classical ballet, pointe work and contemporary ballet and desire to pursue excellence in ballet.
The Owner, Choreographer, & Ballet Instructor Sarah Lavana Ochs and her team founded Get to the Pointe Ballet Academy to share and cultivate the relentless passion for dance. Sarah Lavana Ochs is committed to her student’s success made evident by her self-sacrificing dedication and perseverance toward each student.
Originally from Monroe, Sarah Ochs danced with Twin City Ballet Company for 11 years. At the age of 18, she became an Artist- in- Residence with Twin City Ballet Company and performed with the company until the age of 21. Sarah has performed in multiple classical ballets as a soloist, such as the Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, and much more. She moved to Lafayette, Louisiana, in 2007, and studied dance at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. She also has performed as a soloist for the ULL dance apartment. She has received training from Austin Ballet Company, New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, and Lafayette Ballet Theatre. Throughout the years, Sarah has received multiple scholarships from Twin City Ballet Company for her talent, dedication, and hard work. Among these scholarships, is the Cecilia Kelly Scholarship, which she received in 2005.She also performed with Twin City Ballet Company at the Regional Dance America/Southwest Festival in 2002 and 2003 and has received multiple scholarships at the Regional Dance America/Southwest Festival in 2002 and 2005. Sarah also received a scholarship to Lafayette Ballet Company to study Ballet in 2010.
Sarah is also the owner, teacher, and choreographer for “Get to the Pointe Ballet Academy, in Lafayette and Alexandra. She is also the artistic director for Red River Dance Theater Company, in Alexandria, LA. Sarah was the artistic director and choreographer for the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Nutcracker, for Red River Dance. She also choreographed and was the artistic director for their spring ballet, of Peter and the Wolf, Alice in Wonderland, and most recently, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
2020-2021 Dance season starts August 10th
Please click on Fall Classes 2020-2021 to register and to view a schedule.
POLICIES AND GUIDELINES HANDBOOK
1705 MacArthur Drive Alexandria, LA 71301 (318) 528-7992
- GTTP Website www.gettothepointeballet.com We will post official announcements and schedules on our website. You can also pay with PayPal on our website.
- Our Facebook page will have photos and discussions of things happening at the studio. Get to The Pointe Ballet Academy
- You can also e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can call 318-528-7992 and leave a message with your name , your child’s name and your questions, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Check the bulletin board in the lobby of our studio. We will keep updated information there.
❖ Tuition Classes 1 hour and over are based on $50 an hour , 30 minute class are $30 and 45 minute classes are $45. Private lessons are $50 an hour. Tuition is due on or before the 1st of each month. You will receive an e-mail reminding you. A $20 late fee will be charged for tuition received after the 1st. You can pay with a debit card or credit card on the Parent Portal on our website.
❖ Recital Fees and Payment Schedule
Each student’s recital fee this year is $70 and is due January 15th. This will include 2 free tickets per family to the recital. (Costume fees are printed up on the next page.) Costumes will be ordered in November and need to be paid in full by October 15th . Cost of the costumes will be billed over the months of August, September, and October and will be due on the 15th of each month. You will receive a separate invoice for this billing. Please, pay by going to your PARENT PORTAL or with a separate check from the tuition . Checks should be put in an envelope with student’s name on the outside and note on the check “costume fee” Please place in the INSIDE mailbox on the information desk.
All tuition and fees must be paid in full in order to receive costumes and be in recital.
❖ Dress Code
TAN JAZZ AND TAN TAP, AND PINK BALLET SHOES ARE REQUIRED for class and recital. These shoes will be worn in recital. We strongly suggest you order these shoe through Get To The Pointe Ballet Academy to get the correct type of shoe. Pointe shoes will be chosen individually to meet each students need. All Pointe students must confer with Miss Sarah before purchasing their shoes.
For Combo classes 1-3 pink tights and black leotards are required. Black skirts are permissible for ballet. All students are required to have hair pulled back. For Combo Classes 4-7 pink tights, black leotards and hair in “Bun”are required. Ballet skirts are permissible . Booty Shorts are permitted for Jazz and Tap classes. All students in Combo classes 4 and up are required to have hair in a bun. All apprentice, junior, and senior classes require hair in a bun. Apprentice, juniors and seniors can wear colored leotards for additional classes (other than combo) with pink tights. No jewelry may be worn during class.
PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF EARLY. THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO WATCH THEM. WE DO NOT OFFER CHILD CARE SERVICES . Students should arrive 5 minutes before class starts, dressed appropriately according to the dress code. Please do not drop your child off earlier than 5 minutes before class. Parents must wait with children in classes 1 ,2 ,& 3 in the lobby until their class starts.
If another class is still in progress when you arrive, please sit quietly in the front lobby. If a student has to miss class, they are required to notify Miss Sarah Ochs through e-mail, beforehand. Roll will be taken in each class this year. Students with perfect attendance will be awarded. Attendance is very important for each dancer, to progress in their skills to the next level.
Between January and June will be our preparation time for recital. Attendance is highly important. If a student misses 5 or more classes during this time, there is a greater possibility that the student will not be performance ready and will not be able to perform in the recital as a result. Absences during recital time needs to be approved by Miss Sarah ahead of time, if possible. Please limit absences to illness or family emergencies.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement (Read Carefully)
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Dance Program indicated below and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (here in defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited), the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the minor participant named below agree:
1. The parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating in the below dance activity or event, he or she should inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the participant should immediately advise the officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I understand and agreed that, if at any time, I feel anything to be UNSAFE, I will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE further.
2. I/WE fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) There are risks and dangers associated with participation in Dance events and activities which could result in bodily injury
partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death. (b) The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be
severe. (c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or
negligence of others, including, but not limited to, the Releasees named below. (d) There may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at his time.
3. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named below.
4. I/WE HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the dance facility used by the participant , including its owners, managers, promoters, lessees of premises used to conduct the dance event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the dance facility or events held at such facility and each of them, their directors, officers, agents, employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasee”…FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next to kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES AND ANY CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DEATH OF THE PARTICIPANT OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT(S) CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I/WE HEREBY acknowledge that THE ACTIVITIES OF THE EVENT(S) ARE VERY DANGEROUS and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. Each of THE UNDERSIGNED also expressly acknowledges that INJURIES RECEIVED MAY BE COMPOUNDED OR INCREASED BY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS OR PROCEDURES OF THE RELEASEES.
6. EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
7. On behalf of the participant and individually, the undersigned partner(s) and/or legal guardian(s) for the minor participant executes this Waiver and Release. If, despite this release, the participant makes a claim against any of the Releasees, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the Releasee for any money which they have paid to the participant, or on his behalf, and hold them harmless.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
We will be closed for the following holidays:
Labor day September 7, 2020
Fall Break October 15-16, 2020
Thanksgiving November 23-27, 2020
Christmas Holidays December 21-January 1, 2021
Feb. 15-16, 2021 Mardi Gras,
Easter Holiday April 2-9 , 2021
Memorial Day May 31, 2021
If there are any questions regarding these policies and guidelines, please contact
Miss Marion at email- email@example.com
Cost of the costumes will be billed over the months of August, September, and October and will be due on the 15th of each month. You will receive a separate invoice for this billing.Costumes will be ordered in November. There are no refunds for costumes.
Costume Fees for 2020-2021
Combo Class 1: 1 Ballet Costume ($60) Total-$60
Combo Class 2: 1 Ballet & 1 Tap = 2 Costumes ($65) each Total $130
Combo Class 3: 1 Ballet, 1 Tap/Jazz 2 in one Costume, 2 costumes ($65 each) Total $130
Combo Class 4: Ballet , Jazz / Tap 2 costumes ($70 each) $140 Recital fee $70 Total $210
Combo Class 5: 1 Ballet , 1 Jazz/Tap 2 costumes ($75 each) Total $150
Combo Class 6: 1 Ballet, 1 Jazz/ Tap 2 costume ($75 each) Total $150
Combo Class 7: 1 Ballet, 1 Jazz/ Tap 2 costumes ($75 each) Total $150
Pointe Apprentice $70
Pointe Junior $75
Pointe Senior $75
Contemporary Ballet $70
Hip-hop 1: $55
Hip-hop 2: $55
Hip-hop 3: $55